... a pattern found in American Patchwork and Quilting autumn 1995. I was starting out quilting, and needed to find a project I could sew by hand.
I figured out I could manage to follow this pattern and sew it by hand. This was before I found out that what 'one did' was to use a running stitch, so the blocks are done using back stitches. When the blocks were to be sewn together, I lost momentum, and the top was assembled by machine.
It is lap sized, with wool batting, but in very rare use, as I know the fabrics in the blocks will bleed terribly when washed ... The last borders to be quilted were done the summer of 2000. This was my first quilt this size. They only got bigger from here, lol.
We are hanging on to the idea of summer, but the days are getting more and more chilly. Take care.