fredag, februar 27, 2009

Beginnings

One day in 1995 my mom showed me how to cut fabric squares with a rotary cutter. This was the result. It is my first quilt.
Some may call it a potholder, but it is quilted, and one normally does not frame a potholder, does one? Even though I was uncertain about whether I liked the colors and placement, I DID frame it;) Today it is a reminder of how strongly I felt that this was something I wanted to do more. That I needed fabrics of my own, was also obvious.
I bought some fabrics, and not very much later I put them to good use in this pillow. As you can see it now needs restoration. It is my first - and only - pillow. I was so baffled by the fact that the stripes in the mitered corners made such a nice pattern, that I never thought I would be able to do it again. Silly - I could just have dropped the mitered corners the next time around. I think I will...

Thank you for your sweet comments about the flower applique and my daughter's embroidery - and for stopping by! Always.
Una

Ingen kommentarer: