søndag, juni 13, 2010

Geese

I have been cutting some fabrics and sewing on my trusted Janome. I love this quiltalong that Anita is hosting. I have for a long time avoided the flying birds, because I have had the idea that sewing triangles together would be heartbreakingly difficult. Well, I find that meanwhile I have gathered some experience, and that I am able to do a fair job with the birds. The geese fabrics in the bottom block and top right are from V&A exhibition fabrics by Liberty. I took a deep breath before finally cutting them. Five done - eleven to go. Tudelu.

8 kommentarer:

pratima sa...

Una, your flying geese are very lovely... they don't look like your first attempt at them at all.
I love the fabric combinations you are working with.

Anonym sa...

Una, These are lovely, your fabric choices are so pretty. I look forward to seeing more!

Crispy sa...

Very pretty!! I love how they are all going in different directions, should make a beautiful quilt!!

Crispy

Taryn sa...

Your geese blocks are just great! I really like the way things go different ways in different blocks.

Janet sa...

Your geese look pretty good to me, it's goiung to be a wonderful quilt.

Ravenhill sa...

What are you talking about, fair? They are perfect! I love it. I agree with Kate, your fabric selection is delightful!
hugs from Emily

Meredith sa...

They look great. I applaud you for cutting into the fabric. Don't the blocks go together quickly? I am looking forward to your finished quilt top!!!

Janet sa...

I love your blocks! It can be hard to cut into special fabrics but I think these blocks showcase the fabrics really well. I look forward to seeing them all! :0)